Where does our Hemp Seed Oil come from?
Our Hemp Seed Oil is made from a low-THC hemp variety which has been selected due to having the highest CBD content in the seeds. It comes from a responsible source in the UK. The seeds are harvested by hand, which are then pressed into oil for resale to the food industry.
Unfortunately, a large proportion of these seeds are rejected as they are deemed out of spec for food use. Instead of these nutrient-rich seeds going to waste, we upcycle them; resulting in a sustainable hemp seed oil with natural CBD.
- Local, responsibly sourced & fully traceable.
- Rich in nourishing, linoleic-acid with a standardised level of natural CBD.
- 100% upcycled; made from a by-product of the food industry.
- Rich source of Vegan Omega 3.
- Acts as a skincare active and emollient for face.
- A POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT – An antioxidant study (ORAC) reveals that our Hemp Seed Oil has a significantly higher antioxidant capacity compared with standard hemp seed oil.
- ACTIVE COMPOUNDS WORKING IN SYNERGY – In addition to cannabidiol (CBD), Hemp Seed Oil also contains other skin-enhancing cannabinoids which contribute to the overall beneficial effects of the oil. This nourishing active oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, in addition to flavonoids, terpenoids and other phenolics.
What does it mean by rich in Linoleic Acid? This Hemp Seed Oil can help support the strengthening of the skin barrier, thanks to its high linoleic acid content – the most prevalent fatty acid in this oil. Linoleic acid can also significantly benefit acne-prone skin and help to balance the skin’s natural sebum consistency; studies show that acne patients in particular have low levels of linoleic acid in their skin surface lipids.
*3rd image credit: Helen From Natural Beauty with Baby