Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Beauty Cleanse Skincare via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Whackit Beauty London Ltd, T/A ‘Beauty Cleanse Skincare’ or us||Whackit Beauty London Ltd, Trading as Beauty Cleanse Skincare, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11634186 whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by us and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to us and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.beautycleanseskincare.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Whackit Beauty London Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Whackit Beauty London Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of birth;
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Your physical characteristics and your skincare concerns
- Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- company name, address;
- Personal description or preferences;
- Order details;
- via our social media page,
- User generated content;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. We will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
- by subscribing to our services (where applicable)
- using relevant # on Instagram;
- through brand pages on social media;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services;
- Allow you to manage your preferences;
- Monitor and improve our website;
- Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
- Post your product reviews
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- Run analytics or collect statistics – Secure our websites and protect you and us against fraud;
- Respond to your questions and otherwise interact with you;
- Manage any competitions, promotions or contests you enter.
- To create reports and analyse customer behaviour
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
- Fulfilment companies – so we can process your order and get it delivered to you;
- Data analysis companies – to analyse your data and improve the on-site experience;
- We used a third-party service integrator to support the maintenance and development of the Site. This means that they can see and access live customer data if required. This only happens if we are making improvements to areas such as your account functionality, improvements in ordering or other areas that interact with customers and their data. They cannot export this data without our approval or use it for anything other than providing us support to improve our service to you.
When we are legally obligated to we may also share your personal information with governmental and law enforcement agencies;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). See ICO’s contact details below:
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Social Media and User Generated Content
24. Our website may allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to our social media platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal data e.g. financial information or address details. We are also not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal data on one of our social media platforms and we recommend that you do not share such information.
Changes of business ownership and control
26. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
27. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We store all data we collect on servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
29. we may also transfer your data outside of the EEA to secure servers. Where this is the case the data transfer will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
33. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
34. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling us to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
If you take the opportunity to ‘share’ content from Beauty Cleanse Skincare with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third–party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
10. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
More Information about Cookies
11. If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window). If you’d like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window)